INSTITUTE FOR SOIL SCIENCE AND AGROCHEMISTRY
90 Kazintsa St., 220108 Minsk
Reception +37517 212-08-21, Fax +37517 212-04-02,
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Lapa Vitaly Vitalievich, Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Dr. Sc. (Agr.), Professor
+37517 212-07-51, +37529 678-13-86, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Director for Scientific and Innovative Activities
Rak Mikhail Vasilievich, Cand. Sc. (Agr.), Docent
+37517 212-08-41, +37529 659-52-22, email@example.com
Deputy Director for Scientific Activities
Tsybulko Nikolay Nikolaevich, Dr. Sc. (Agr.), Professor
+37517 212-08-10, +37529 1313224, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Yukhnovets Aksana Vikentievna, Cand. Sc. (Agr.), Docent
+37517 212-07-12, firstname.lastname@example.org
Main R&D activities
- Rational soil use, assessment of soil suitability for crop cultivation, refertilization of soils
- Soil fertility monitoring
- Assessment of biological status of soils according to chemicals use intensity
- Development of efficient resource saving technologies of macro- and micro fertilizer application to cultivated crops
- Agrochemical methods intended to improve quality of crop products with balanced chemical composition and micronutrients contents
- Development of new forms of compound fertilizers with balanced composition and macro-to-micronutrients correlation with regard of soil fertility status and biological specifics of crops
- Development of an energy saving system to protect cultivated soils in areas subject to erosion by water and wind, complex area planning for soil protection
- Provision of a rationale for development of organic arable farming, development and introduction of bioorganic agricultural production principles based on strict compliance with ecological arable farming practices
- Plan of actions on preserving and improving soil fertility in the Republic of Belarus
- Guidelines on effective fertilizer application techniques for most common crops
- Guidelines on soil protection techniques applied to crop cultivation at lands subject to erosion
- Cadastral valuation of farming lands belonging to agricultural entities and farms
- New forms of compound fertilizers with macro-to-micronutrients balance for individual crops
- New forms of liquid compound chelate micro fertilizers for foliar application
- Assessment of soil suitability for crop cultivation
- Development of the best possible fertilizer application system for the national farming
- Development of soil and water protection techniques of crop cultivation for farms and regions rich in lands subject to erosion
- 70-parameter agrochemical analysis of soils and plants (parameters accredited by STB ISO/IEC 17025)
- Field evaluation of effectiveness of new forms of macro and micro fertilizers for subsequent record with the State Register of Plant Protection Products and Fertilizers approved for use on the territory of the Republic of Belarus
- Agricultural professionals training in effective soil and fertilizer handling techniques
DEPARTMENT OF SOIL SCIENCE
LABORATORY OF AGROPHYSICAL SOIL PROPERTIES AND SOIL PROTECTION AGAINST EROSION
Head of Lab: Tsybulko Nikolay Nikolaevich, Dr. Sc. (Agr.), Professor
+37517 212-08-10, +37529 1313224, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Study of the pattern of arable land erosion; study of biological and agrophysical properties of eroded soils; development of adaptive soil protecting farming systems for various soil provinces and ecoregions of Belarus based on GIS technologies; creating a databank of agrophysical properties of Belarusian soils and developing most appropriate parameters thereof; improving the classification of degraded soils.
DIVISION OF AGRICULTURAL SOIL SCIENCE, DIGITAL MAPPING AND SOIL ASSESSMENT
Head of Divizion: Azarenok Tatiana Nikolayevna, Cand. Sc. (Agr.), Docent
+37517 212-08-11, 212-15-54, +37529 698-88-85, email@example.com
Study of the Belarusian soils, their composition and properties, occurrence pattern; improvement of classification and diagnostics, soil mapping techniques; soil zoning of Belarus; methodical guidance of large-scale soil mapping activities; monitoring studies.
LABORATORY OF SOIL MICROBIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY
Head of Lab: Mikhailovskaya Natallia Alekseyevna, Cand. Sc. (Agr.), Docent
+37517 212-09-34, +37529 366-10-02, firstname.lastname@example.org
Study of anthropogenic impact on the biological status of soils; fertility assessment by biochemical criteria of humification and organic substances mineralization to rate anthropogenic pressure; development of polyfunctional multicomponent microbial preparations to make crop farming environmentally-friendlier.
LABORATORY OF SOIL FERTILITY AND ECOLOGY MONITORING
Head of Lab: Putiatin Yuriy Viktorovich, Dr. Sc. (Agr.), Docent
+37517 212-09-20, email@example.com
Scientific and methodical management of monitoring and forecast of agrochemical properties of soils and radioactive contamination of agricultural lands, depending on the level of intensification of agriculture, the application of organic and mineral fertilizers; development of effective measures of soil fertility improvement to get high, sustainable crop yields with good quality products based on reasonable rates of fertilizers, and to create soils with the optimal agrochemical properties; development and optimization of effective land use techniques and countermeasures intended to decrease radionuclides contamination of agricultural products and to reduce human exposure.
DEPARTMENT OF AGROCHEMISTRY
LABORATORY OF SOIL FERTILIZATION AND NUTRITION SYSTEMS
Head of Lab: Mezentseva Elena Gennadievna, Cand. Sc. (Agr.), Docent
+37517 212-56-43, +37529 558-01-86, firstname.lastname@example.org
Development of efficient resource saving technologies of macro and micro fertilizer application to cultivated crops on the basis of combined application of macro- and micronutrients; assessment of the impacts of various fertilizer application systems on the behaviour of agrochemical properties of soddy podzolic soils; study of crop product quality under combined application of macro and micro fertilizers and plant protection chemicals, and improvement thereof; study of fertilizer nutrient balance in crop rotation and determination of the best intensity thereof for soils of various fertility.
LABORATORY OF MICRONUTRIENTS
Head of Lab: Rak Mikhail Vasilievich, Cand. Sc. (Agr.), Docent
+37517 212-08-51, +37529 695-22-22, email@example.com
Study of micronutrients contents and distribution in the Belarusian soils; development and refinement of scientific basis of plant nutrition with micronutrients; effectiveness assessment of micro nutrients application; elaboration of reasonable techniques of micronutrients application in crop cultivation according to soil and agrochemical conditions; development of new forms of cultivated crop micro fertilizers and effective application methods thereof.
LABORATORY OF NEW FORMS OF FERTILIZERS AND AMELIORANTS
Head of Lab: Pirogovskaya Galina Vladimirovna, Dr. Sc. (Agr.), Professor
+37517 212-48-15, +37529 256-11-26, brissa_pir@ mail.ru
Development of new forms of compound fertilizers for main cultivated crops and effective application methods thereof; determination of quantitative values of macro- and micronutrients acquired through precipitation and leaching out with infiltration waters in soil types most common for Belarus; study of the best attainable acidity of degraded peat soils.
LABORATORY OF SOIL ORGANICS
Head of Lab: Seraya Taisia Mikhailovna, Cand. Sc. (Agr.), Docent
+37517 212 41 08, firstname.lastname@example.org
Development of scientifically grounded systems of organic contents recovery in soddy podzolic soils intended to improve agrophysical properties, ecological safety, and economic efficiency; study of group and fractional composition balance and behaviour of humus under various fertilizer application systems; improvement of organics biocycle in crop rotation; effectiveness assessment of conventional and nonconventional types and forms of organic fertilizers.
LABORATORY OF AGROCHEMICAL SOIL ANALYSIS
Head of Lab: Karpovich Galina Grigorievna
70-parameter analyses of qualitative and quantitative composition of soils, plants, fertilizers, leaching residue (parameters accredited by STB ISO/IEC 17025); scientific and methodological assistance and analyses quality supervision at regional design and survey stations on agriculture chemicalization.
DIVISION OF INTRODUCTION OF SCIENTIFIC ACHIEVEMENTS
Head of Division: Zhabrovskaya Natalia Yurievna, Cand. Sc. (Agr.), Docent
+37517 212-07-10, +37529 371-37-54, brissainform@ mail.ru
Organisational and methodical guidance of promoting Institute’s achievements; presentation of Institute’s advanced products at expositions; protection of R&D results as Institute’s intellectual property; informational support for Institute’s R&D topics; publication of Institute’s scientific works.
POSTGRADUATE TRAINING DEPARTMENT
Scientific Secretary: Matychenkova Olga Viktorovna, Cand. Sc. (Agr.), Docent
+37517 212-15-54, +37517 398-50-15